Understand Your Buyer > How People Work > Freebie Hunters
What is it?
Freebie Hunters are those people who will HOOVER up all of your free content and resources, but will NEVER buy.
Why does it happen?
It happens because information is seen as something of very low value. As such, a Freebie Hunter will expect you to share information with them for free and help them – it almost doesn’t occur to them that they need to pay for proper help that will make a difference – they want to DIY everything, perceiving it to be “cheaper”.
How can you use it?
Depending on your offering, and this happens mostly for service based businesses, you need to know what to look for:
How to spot a freebie hunter:
- They are price obsessed and ask for discounts before they ask about the deliverable.
- They ask very very specific questions, but won’t give you too much detail to help you answer them
- They are impatient and want to speak with you ASAP – not respecting your time/schedule.
- They want to “pick your brains” or “buy you a coffee” – anything but actually SPEND MONEY on your offering.
- They often undercharge for their own services as they don’t see the value in what they do either.
- They use “working harder” rather than creating a proper plan (and asking for help) as a way to overcome their challenges.
- They don’t make progress – They tend to come and go over a long period of time asking seemingly the same questions and never moving forward in their life/business.
Like this kind of stuff? Want more?
Then Practical Sales Training™ is for you…
Action focussed, affordable sales training
for entrepreneurs and small business owners.
Brought to you by James Newell