What is it?
A success metric is the invisible checklist your buyer has in their mind. They will judge your product or service a success based on whether or not you tick all of the boxes.
Why does it work?
It works because your buyer has bought your product or service to achieve something and they will have a specific set of things in their mind that they are looking for to feel like they have made the right buying decision. Your ability to understand what those things are and then focus on delivering on them will not only make a difference for your buyer, it will also help you to shape your offering and know where to place your energy.
How can you use it?
There are two ways you can make this work for you.
- Ask buyers as they come into your world about how they will judge success and what they are looking for.
- Tell buyers how they may judge the success based on previous experience.
The metrics could be things like:
- Time saved
- Money saved
- Money made
- Increasing the speed of something
- Decreasing the speed of something
- Simplifying something
- Providing opportunity / access
- Ease of transition
Like this kind of stuff? Want more?
Then Practical Sales Training™ is for you…
Action focussed, affordable sales training
for entrepreneurs and small business owners.
Brought to you by James Newell