Understand Your Buyer > How To Convert > Case Study Offer
What is it?
A case study offer is a form of discounting to attract buyers, with the purpose of building up evidence that your offer works.
Why does it work?
It works because it allows you to acquire some much needed social proof that will become an asset for you going forwards, as well as providing buyers an attractive reward for them having faith in you and buying without seeing proof that your offering works.
How can you use it?
This is suited to new offerings for both products or services, being clear with your buyer that they are one of the first and that you do expect a review (but it doesn’t have to be positive) is the only way to do it.
Case Study Offers aren’t excuses for having a poor early version of your product, but they provide a mechanism for you to get revenue and feedback without working for free or misleading your buyers.
11 alternative ways to discount your offering:
- First purchase– Discount the first purchase a buyer makes with you.
- Follow up offer – Follow up those who didn’t buy with an incentive.
- Cashback – Don’t discount, but provide cash back to those who pay full price.
- Themed Sale – Create an event or reason to hold a sale.
- Price Match – Offer to match the genuine price of a competitor.
- Buy more – Incentivise buyers to spend more with ascending discounts.
- Free gift- Offer a free gift with purchase.
- Early bird – Offer a discount for those who buy/pay in advance.
- Flash Sale – Hold a flash sale
- Budget version – Create a naturally cheaper version of your offering to appeal to lower spending buyers.
- Case Study Offer – Having a lower price for the first buyers, in exchange for reviews and feedback.
Like this kind of stuff? Want more?
Then Practical Sales Training™ is for you…
Action focussed, affordable sales training
for entrepreneurs and small business owners.
Brought to you by James Newell