Understand Your Buyer > How To Convert > Scorecard Marketing
What is it?
Scorecard Marketing is all about offering potential clients a way to get a score or an assessment on a particular topic. Typically it’s an automated process where the client self serves and completes a form and then a report is sent identifying areas of improvement and an assessment of performance.
Why does it work?
It works because those who sign up for the assessment are displaying intent and interest in resolving any issue they may be facing. When they receive their report and action plan, they may choose to DIY and solve any issues themselves, or they may be receptive to an offer that you can present to them. Either way you have provided some additional value to them which helps nurture any future interaction and benefit your reputation.
How can you use it?
Depending on your business, this may or may not be appropriate. If it is appropriate, you’re likely in a service based business and looking to articulate to your buyers everything that they need or should be doing to get the result they are looking for.
To make it happen:
- You’ll need to decide on what you can assess or score.
- You’ll need to devise a set of questions to drive the score.
- You’ll need to list out the various actions that can be taken to improve any shortcomings,
- You’ll need to find software like ScoreApp to provide the technical structure to make the assessment work.
- You’ll need to consider an email follow up nurturing sequence that will follow the results – it could also include some form of follow up offer.
Like this kind of stuff? Want more?
Then Practical Sales Training™ is for you…
Action focussed, affordable sales training
for entrepreneurs and small business owners.
Brought to you by James Newell