What is it?
Providing your clients the opportunity to communicate with you for free can be a seemingly minor detail, but it helps with engagement.
Why does it work?
It works because it represents the path of least resistance. When having to make a call or send a letter, I always think it’s odd that I as the buyer should pay for the privilege and I know I’m not alone. By eliminating costs when it comes to communication, you remove another barrier and demonstrate a willingness to help and be available.
How can you use it?
Depending on your business, could you register a freephone number or postal address to cover the cost of postage and calls on behalf of your clients?
Simplifying touch points
Making it easy for people to interact with you and buy from you is a crucial factor but so easy to miss. Here are 9 ways you can make it easier for people to contact you:
- Catchall email – Never miss an email by ensuring that [email protected] gets delivered.
- Memorable phone number – If you want people to call you, make it easy for them to remember your number.
- Simple Email Address – Make it easy for people to email you by having “obvious” email addresses.
- Freephone / Freepost– If you want people to call or write to you, then making it free ensures there are no barriers.
- Simplified URL – Using a domain that’s easy to read, write, speak, spell and remember makes life easier for your buyer.
- Start here domain – Make it easy for new buyers and clients to know how to interact with you.
- Misspelt domain – If there is a common misspelling of your name then it makes sense to own the .com domain.
- DM Word – Make it easy for people to direct message (DM) you by giving them a keyword to use.
- QR Codes – Make it easy for people in the real world to find you online.