What is it?
Why does it work?
It works because people spell things wrong, they guess, they forget – people are fallible and, as such, it makes sense that we remove as many of the communications barriers we can if we want to do business with them.
How can you use it?
Depending on your email provider, you’ll need to find instructions for how to set this up. Typically it can be done in 5-10 minutes and is a one time job that never needs to be changed again.
Simplifying touch points
Making it easy for people to interact with you and buy from you is a crucial factor but so easy to miss. Here are 9 ways you can make it easier for people to contact you:
- Catchall email – Never miss an email by ensuring that [email protected] gets delivered.
- Memorable phone number – If you want people to call you, make it easy for them to remember your number.
- Simple Email Address – Make it easy for people to email you by having “obvious” email addresses.
- Freephone / Freepost– If you want people to call or write to you, then making it free ensures there are no barriers.
- Simplified URL – Using a domain that’s easy to read, write, speak, spell and remember makes life easier for your buyer.
- Start here domain – Make it easy for new buyers and clients to know how to interact with you.
- Misspelt domain – If there is a common misspelling of your name then it makes sense to own the .com domain.
- DM Word – Make it easy for people to direct message (DM) you by giving them a keyword to use.
- QR Codes – Make it easy for people in the real world to find you online.
Like this kind of stuff? Want more?
Then Practical Sales Training™ is for you…
Action focussed, affordable sales training
for entrepreneurs and small business owners.
Brought to you by James Newell