Understand Your Buyer > How To Engage > Start Here Domain
What is it?
A “start here” domain is a simple link you can use to help people understand what you offer and how to interact with you. It’s literally a starting point for their relationship with you.
Why does it work?
Some businesses and individuals have complex offers and do lots of things, as such it can be tough to know exactly how to find what you want. Using a “start here” style page is a way to highlight the main products, services or problems solved by the business which allows a buyer to find what they need.
How can you use it?
Using my own page as an example, think about listing the top 1/2/3/4 services, products or things you offer buyers and followers. Then create a “/start” or “start-here” page on your website to bring everything together in one easy to share link.
Simplifying touch points
Making it easy for people to interact with you and buy from you is a crucial factor but so easy to miss. Here are 9 ways you can make it easier for people to contact you:
- Catchall email – Never miss an email by ensuring that [email protected] gets delivered.
- Memorable phone number – If you want people to call you, make it easy for them to remember your number.
- Simple Email Address – Make it easy for people to email you by having “obvious” email addresses.
- Freephone / Freepost– If you want people to call or write to you, then making it free ensures there are no barriers.
- Simplified URL – Using a domain that’s easy to read, write, speak, spell and remember makes life easier for your buyer.
- Start here domain – Make it easy for new buyers and clients to know how to interact with you.
- Misspelt domain – If there is a common misspelling of your name then it makes sense to own the .com domain.
- DM Word – Make it easy for people to direct message (DM) you by giving them a keyword to use.
- QR Codes – Make it easy for people in the real world to find you online.
Like this kind of stuff? Want more?
Then Practical Sales Training™ is for you…
Action focussed, affordable sales training
for entrepreneurs and small business owners.
Brought to you by James Newell