Understand Your Buyer > How To Seize Attention > Memorable Phone Number
What is it?
If you have a phone number that’s easy to remember, it will make it easier for clients to call you and it can also help you stand out as most phone numbers are forgettable.
Why does it work?
It works because as humans we find it difficult to remember unrelated pieces of information – we prefer patterns and things that are connected.
For example – 0800 123456 is much more memorable than 0800 347198
How can you use it?
(This is UK specific)
You can either change your mobile number or your landline number to one that’s more memorable.
Mobiles – Buy a “VIP” Mobile number. There are lots of companies that can sell you singular or matching sets of phone numbers – the easier to remember, the more expensive they are.
Landlines – Get a cool “0870” or similar number which not only makes you look more professional as its non geographic, but in some cases it could also generate revenue too.
Simplifying touch points
Making it easy for people to interact with you and buy from you is a crucial factor but so easy to miss. Here are 9 ways you can make it easier for people to contact you:
- Catchall email – Never miss an email by ensuring that [email protected] gets delivered.
- Memorable phone number – If you want people to call you, make it easy for them to remember your number.
- Simple Email Address – Make it easy for people to email you by having “obvious” email addresses.
- Freephone / Freepost– If you want people to call or write to you, then making it free ensures there are no barriers.
- Simplified URL – Using a domain that’s easy to read, write, speak, spell and remember makes life easier for your buyer.
- Start here domain – Make it easy for new buyers and clients to know how to interact with you.
- Misspelt domain – If there is a common misspelling of your name then it makes sense to own the .com domain.
- DM Word – Make it easy for people to direct message (DM) you by giving them a keyword to use.
- QR Codes – Make it easy for people in the real world to find you online.
Like this kind of stuff? Want more?
Then Practical Sales Training™ is for you…
Action focussed, affordable sales training
for entrepreneurs and small business owners.
Brought to you by James Newell